1st International Conference on the European Industry on Language Technology
co-located with SEMANTICS 2019
September 9, 2019, Karlsruhe, Germany
Language technologies increasingly rely on large amounts of data. Better access and usage of language resources will enable the provision of multilingual solutions that will support the emerging Digital Single Market in Europe. However data is rarely ‘ready-to-use’ and language technology specialists spend over 80% of their time on cleaning, organizing and collecting datasets. Reducing this effort promises huge cost savings for all sectors where language technologies are required.
This forum aims at bringing together, on the one hand, researchers from across disciplines concerned with the use of language data, the development of language methods and implementation of language service and, on the other hand, the industries consuming those data and services.
CrossLang NV, Ghent, Belgium
Talk: An analysis of the Language Technology market – a study prepared for the European Commission (more)
Speech and Language Technology
DFKI GmbH, Berlin, Germany
Talk: What’s next for Multilingual Europe? Introducing the European Language Grid (more)
Why should I attend?
You will learn the latest tools, trends and developments from first hand. Top experts will show how to use most advanced language tools in different use cases to create real added value for your processing workflows. The following important aspects of the language technology stack will be covered:
- Vocabularies and Interfaces: unification of access to language resources and services.
- Transformation into and between representations: improve interoperability and ease the consumption of resources.
- Workflow management: higher portability using Docker and improved metadata transparency, sustainability and re-usability through declarative metadata firmly grounded in Semantic Web standards
- Linking: enriched interlinked data yielding more added value for the services.
- Search: novel linking and data integration techniques providing federated search across many different repositories built using different standards and for different purposes, improving the discoverability of language resources.
You will meet many new people from your own domain, but also beyond your professional boundaries. This diversity will awaken your creativity and open up new opportunities. We won’t let you leave without seeing and enjoying Karlsruhe. The social events will be fun.Register now!
- Abstract Submission Deadline: July 9, 2019 (11:59 pm, Hawaii time)
- Notification of Acceptance: July 30, 2019
- Camera-Ready Paper: August 12, 2019 (11:59 pm, Hawaii time)
- Conference: September 09, 2019: